Monday 26 April 2010

New M.I.A Born Free

As well as beauty I love love love my music and I'm so glad that M.I.A is finally releasing some new material. If you don't know M.I.A, she's a Sri Lankan born, London raised, American residing artist. She's a mix mash of cultures and her music is reflective in my opinion of those experiences. She's politically active with her lyrics and calls it how she sees it and for that I admire her ability to create such powerful and honest music that has a deeper substance. Her stuff isn't light and fluffy! but I do love it because it's unique and has a wiked bass. Any way this is her new single. I've only watched it once and it's directed incredibly well but I'm so excited that I thought I'd quickly post about it. This new material is a bit different to her last album but I'm sure there's some genius behind it so I look forward to the rest of her new stuff and listening to the music and not allowing myself to get consumed in this new video lol. Enjoy x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjfnLq853J0

No comments:

Post a Comment